Friday, February 15, 2008

Communication: The Key to Everything

Traits I have always admired: Intelligence and a sense of humor. Maybe the reason is because I don't exactly lead the pack when it comes to either, I don't know.

What I do know is that the Editor-in-Chief of our Growing Business Link partnership with The Economist and resident consumer electronics groupie Robyn Greenspan has both in abundance, and since I am guessing she bought neither of these things online like she does almost everything else in her life, they must come from the Greenspan genes. Lucky her.

Anyway, Robyn does a lot to make not only me smile on a daily basis, but most of us in the office benefit from both her intellectual insights as well as her sense of humor all the time. Today's example I thought would be fun to share here.

She tells me that her mom sent her this stellar example of the importance of effective communications. Where her mother found it we know not, but I'm glad she did and that Robyn knew I would love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently (the legend goes) the cake was for a woman who was leaving her job. This was the caption my mother included with the picture:

Customer: I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week.
Bakery Employee: What do you want on the cake?
Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that "We will miss you."