Friday, February 08, 2008

Nice Way to Start the Weekend


I come from a generation where it was a major "no no" to blow your own horn. That said,however, I would by lying if I didn't own up to the fact that when others blow it for you that it doesn't feel good because as we all know, it does. So when I opened my email today and found the announcement that ExecuNet was once again a winner of the WEDDLE's User's Choice Award it was a nice feeling to say the least.

It isn't that we haven't had our share of recognition over the years, including all the cards and letters I got recently from members, colleagues, and friends offering their good wishes on our 20th anniversary this year, but when the kudos come outside one's circle of friends, it can't help but bring on a smile.

Addiing to the warm feelings was when I read more of the background information such as, the awards are, to quote the press release, "...the only recognition in the $6+ billion global online employment services industry where actual users-job seekers, employers and recruiters-get to pick the winners."

In addition, the release also went on to say "... that there are now over 40,000 employment-related sites operating in the U.S. alone and an equal number operating elsewhere around the world."

My math skills ended in the 8th grade, so I stopped there, but knowing that there are just 30 sites on such a big list, it was a nice way to start the weekend.

No comments: