Friday, December 21, 2007

Arlington At Christmas


Pat Haly who has for a number of years and continues to facilitate our networking meetings in Atlanta sent this photo along to me (and many of his other friends) with the following information explaining what brings this all about. He suggested that I might want to share it with others, and it struck me as something very much worth sharing. Many readers may have also seen it reported on some of the nightly newscasts.

Since I will be away for the next month, this seemed like a fitting image to remain until I return. Among other things, for me, it also served as yet another reminder that "actions speak louder than words."

Readers may be interested to know that these wreaths -- some 5,000 -- are donated by the Worcester Wreath Co. of Harring ton , Maine . The owner, Merrill Worcester, not only provides the wreaths, but covers the trucking expense as well. He's done this since 1992. A wonderful guy. Also, most years, groups of Maine school kids combine an educational trip to DC with this event to help out. Making this even more remarkable is the fact that Harrington is in one the poorest parts of the state.

No comments: